Saturday, January 26, 2008

Belated Baby Gift

I just love new babies! I love gifting new babies! So...this is for a co-worker's grandbaby who spends time at her home. It is a pink fleece blanket that I added a bias trim in a lovely baltik fabric. I took some terry cloth and cut out a bib and trimed it to match. Then to make it special I drew out the initial "M" and appliqued it out of the fabric. The closure is velcro. Make sure the scratchy side is on the main bib so it will not rub the neck as they grow! I machine sew down the trim on one side, but I prefer the painstaking handsewing of the binding on the reverse. It just looks so much better on the blanket. On the bib, which will get lots of washings I use a small zig-zag. So it is ready to go!
I have so much that I want to show...but, there is the element of surprise for Market. So, keeping with the spirit, I will show you after I have revealed it in Nashville. :) I had the priviledge of painting the cover for the 15th Anniversary Show Guide. Very cool. I also have some more of my Trios, some new wraps, a Santa, and well...you get the picture. I have been a BIZZI Bee. :)
We had some cold weather and that just motivates me to sew and create. I am even painting my own canvas for a little extra surprise! Well, back to it...that and the laundry, cleaning, and weekly chores...oh yeah I need to go get some groceries! Have a super weekend!
Smiles,
Paula

No comments: