Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I've been Creating




Hi,
Well, my major accomplishment was really finishing my first sock. I am half way done with the second - yes I am at the heel turn!!! I broke 2, yes 2 knitting needles finishing the toe. I guess I was knitting a little tight!!!





Then in the spirit of being green...I decided to make some grocery bags. I just love Valori Wells' fabric! While reading her blog I found her tutorial/pattern for these bags. They are absolutely wonderful, made out of her home decor fabric to give a little more strength, long handles, and a nice rectangular flat bottom - while being completely lined. She calls it her grocery tote! What I love is that when I take them to Whole Foods I get a credit of 10 cents per bag each time I shop! :) Plus, I am not polluting. These bags are so nice and roomy and can really carry the goods! I know because I have packed cartons of milk in them! Plus, they work great in a pinch to put things together to go to the post office. Love that! Thanks Valori! Go check out her stuff, very cool! :)

I'm knitting while watching the olymics. Just wish I didn't have to get up so early in the morning...just want to stay up and watch...and I'm not a big TV watcher...but this is very amazing!






I will leave you with one last picture, my son's cat, Mr. Gray. :He is the son of the Queen, Miss Knickers. The Royalty runs in the family. I will try to get a photo of his back. I swear his white marking on his back resembles a mouse! :)
Happy Stitching!

Paula :)

No comments: